I finished re-reading the novel today. As I expected there are some issues with the ending that I’m going to need to rework. Changes that I want to make to the “magic system” cause events of the current ending to not make sense so I’ll need to write a new ending. I haven’t worked out exactly what the new ending will be, but I think it’s going to be an improvement over what I’ve got. I may also have some pacing issues with the later parts of the book. I noticed a lot more awkward sentences and passive voice issues the later I got, too, which indicates I was getting a little sloppy at the end of the original draft. Even though there’s still a lot of work to do I think I’m still a lot happier with this novel than the first one, and hopefully the editing won’t be as painful.
Re-read: 100.0% done
Added 2 Showstopper, 10 Priority and 25 Medium issues.
Current wordcount: 74788