Novel Update

Word Count Indicator
Current Word Count: 40069
Words Written Today: 0

Quality Indicator
Current Resolved Issues: 3
Current Open Issues: 11
Issues Resolved Today: 1
Issues Opened Today: 1

I started editing my novel today. I did a bunch of global search-and-replaces to change a bunch of character names, so it’s easier to distinguish the characters from each other. I also printed it out so that I could read it more easily in hard copy, and I’ve read up through chapter 3 so far, catching typos and awkward phrasing, and identifying a few areas that I need to beef up. I already knew I was going to need to rework chapter 1 to change the viewpoint character, but now that I have reread it I realized that it’s really talky and not a lot happens. I need to fix that, since a boring first chapter is a bad idea for a book.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: